1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Approval of minutes from the September 12, 2011 meeting.
4. HCR 45 – Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance to conduct a study on the educational and communication barriers facing children in West Virginia who are deaf or hard of hearing and their families, and on the adequacy and enforcement of current laws that address these barriers.
• Ariel Depp, Kanawha County Deaf Student
• R. Michelle Pine, Kanawha County Parent of Deaf Student and Mother of Ariel Depp
• Linda Phillips, Therapeutic Consultant, Jackson County Development Center and Past President, WV Association of the Deaf
• Elizabeth Leisure, Secretary, WV Association of the Deaf and Mother of Linda Phillips
5. Other Business.