1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Approval of minutes from the July 11 and August 1, 2011, meetings.
4. HCR 45 – Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance to conduct a study on the educational and communication barriers facing children in West Virginia who are deaf or hard of hearing and their families, and on the adequacy and enforcement of current laws that address these barriers.
• Ms. Marissa Sanders, Executive Director, West Virginia Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
• Ms. Annette Carey, Coordinator, Deaf/Blind, WV Department of Education, Office of Special Programs
• Dr. Lynn Boyer, Superintendent, WV School for the Deaf and Blind
• Mr. Steven Dale, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Motor Vehicles
5. Other Business.