1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approval of minutes from the meeting on June 7, 2015.
4. Higher Education Reports —
- Approval of Legislative Rule – Title 133, Series 26, Underwood-Smith Teacher Scholarship Program – Higher Education Policy Commission (HEPC). Mr. Brian Weingart, Senior Director of Financial Aid, HEPC & WV Community and Technical College System (CTCS)
- Approval of Legislative Rule – Title 133, Series 58, Nursing Scholarship Program – HEPC. Ms. Laura Boone, Director of Health Sciences Programs, HEPC
- HEPC Tuition and Fee Report. (WV Code §18B-10-1). Dr. Paul Hill, Chancellor, HEPC
- Report on Service to Student Veterans. (WV Code §18B-4-9). Mr. L.G. Corder, Director of Veterans’ Education and Training Programs, HEPC & CTCS
- Science and Research Council Strategic Plan Report. (WV Code §18B-18B-2). Dr. Jan Taylor, Director of Science and Research, HEPC
5. Public Education Reports —
- Report on Local School Improvement Council Waiver Requests. Ms. Betty Jo Jordan, Executive Assistant to State Superintendent of Schools, WV Department of Education (WVDE)
- Update on WV Board of Education (WVBE) Policies —
- Policy 2520.16. Alternate Academic Achievement Standards for West Virginia Schools. Mr. Clayton Burch, Chief Academic Officer, Division of Teaching and Learning, WVDE
Policy 2525. West Virginia’s Universal Access to a Quality Early Education System. Mr. Clayton Burch, Chief Academic Officer, Division of Teaching and Learning, WVDE
Policy 3233. Establishment and Operation of Regional Education Service Agencies. Ms. Mary Catherine Tuckwiller, Attorney, WVBE
6. Other Business.