WEST virginia legislature
2017 regular session
House Bill 2503
By Delegates Ellington, Summers, Dean, Rohrbach, Sobonya and Hollen
[Passed April 6, 2017; in effect ninety days from passage.]
AN ACT to repeal §30-14-15 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended; and to amend and reenact §30-14-14 of said code, relating to the rulemaking authority for Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That §30-14-15 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, be repealed; and that §30-14-14 of said code be amended and reenacted, to read as follows:
ARTICLE 14. OSTEOPATHIC PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS.
(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement the provisions of this article, including:
(1) Standards and requirements for licenses and permits;
(2) Procedures for examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Requirements for third parties to prepare or administer, or both, examinations and reexaminations;
(4) Educational and experience requirements;
(5) Standards for approval of courses and curriculum;
(6) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses and permits;
(7) A fee schedule;
(8) Regulation of osteopathic medical corporations;
(9) Regulation of profession limited liability companies;
(10) Regulation of osteopathic physician assistants;
(11) Continuing education requirements for licensees;
(12) The standards for and limitations upon the utilization of telemedicine technologies;
(13) The procedures for denying, suspending, restricting, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of licensees and permittees;
(14) Adopting a standard for ethics;
(15) Requirements for revoked licenses or permits; and
(16) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
(b) All of the board's rules in effect and not in conflict with these provisions shall remain in effect until they are amended or rescinded.