(1) Knowingly sells, gives away, distributes or markets any substance or product in this state or transports such a substance or product into this state with the intent that the substance or product will be used to defeat a drug or alcohol screening test;
(2) Attempts to defeat a drug or alcohol screening test by the substitution of a false sample;
(3) Knowingly advertises for sale or distribution any substance or product the advertised purpose of which is to defeat a bodily fluid screening test for drugs or alcohol;
(4) Adulterates a bodily fluid sample with the intent to defeat a drug or alcohol screening test;
(5) Knowingly possesses adulterants for the purpose of defeating a drug or alcohol screening test; or
(6) Knowingly sells adulterants which are intended to be used to adulterate a urine or other bodily fluid sample for the purpose of defeating a drug or alcohol screening test.
(b) A person who violates a provision of subsection (a) of this section:
(1) For a first offense is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars;
(2) For a second offense is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, be fined not more than five thousand dollars; and
(3) For a third or subsequent offense is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, be fined not more than ten thousand dollars or confined in the regional jail for not more than one year, or both.
(c) As used in this section, "adulterate" means a substance that is not expected to be in human fluids but that is a concentration so high that it is not consistent with human bodily fluids, including, but not limited to:
(7) Hydrochloric acid;
(8) Hydroiodic acid;
(12) Potassium dichromate;
(13) Potassium nitrate;
(14) Pyridinium chlorochromate; and
(15) Sodium nitrite.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.