(1) Assess the impact of domestic violence on public health; and
(2) Develop a state public health plan for reducing the incidence of domestic violence in this state.
(b) The state public health plan shall:
(1) Include, but not be limited to, public education, including the use of the various communication media to set forth the public health perspective on domestic violence;
(2) Be developed in consultation with public and private agencies that provide programs for victims of domestic violence, advocates for victims, organizations representing the interests of shelters, and persons who have demonstrated expertise and experience in providing health care to victims of domestic violence and their children; and
(3) Be completed on or before the first day of January, two thousand.
(c) The bureau for public health of the department of health and human resources shall:
(1) Transmit a copy of the state public health plan to the governor and the Legislature; and
(2) Review and update the state public health plan annually.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.