(b) The Infant and Maternal Mortality Review Team is to consist of the following members, appointed by the Governor:
(1) The Director of the Office of Maternal Child and Family Health, who is to serve as the chairperson of the Infant and Maternal Mortality Review Team and is responsible for calling and coordinating all meetings;
(2) The Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health or a designee;
(3) The Chief Medical Examiner in the Bureau for Public Health or a designee;
(4) The Director of the Division of Vital Statistics or a designee;
(5) Representation from each of the three medical schools in the state;
(6) The Director of Obstetrics, the Director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Director of Pediatrics at each of the tertiary care hospitals in the state;
(7) One representative of the West Virginia State Medical Association;
(8) One representative of the West Virginia Nurses Association;
(9) One representative of the West Virginia Society of Osteopathic Medicine;
(10) One representative of West Virginia Academy of Family Physicians;
(11) One representative of the West Virginia Chapter of the American College of Nurse Midwives;
(12) One representative of the West Virginia Chapter of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology;
(13) One representative of the West Virginia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics;
(14) The Director of the Child Fatality Review Team; and
(15) Any additional person that the chair of the team determines is needed on a particular case being considered.
(c) Each member serves for a term of five years. Of the members of the commission first appointed, one shall be appointed for a term ending June 30, 2009, and one each for terms ending one, two, three and four years thereafter.
(d) Members of the Infant and Maternal Mortality Review Team shall, unless sooner removed, continue to serve until their respective terms expire and until their successors have been appointed and have qualified.
(e) An appointment of a physician, whether for a full term or to fill a vacancy, is to be made by the Governor from among three nominees selected by the West Virginia State Medical Association or the organization to be represented on the team. When an appointment is for a full term, the nomination is to be submitted to the Governor not later than eight months prior to the date on which the appointment is to become effective. In the case of an appointment to fill a vacancy, the nominations are to be submitted to the Governor within thirty days after the request for the nomination has been made by the Governor to the chairperson or president of the organization. When an association fails to submit to the Governor nominations for the appointment in accordance with the requirements of this section, the Governor may make the appointment without nominations.
(f) Each member of the Infant and Maternal Mortality Review Team shall serve without additional compensation and may not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred in the discharge of his or her duties under the provisions of this article. Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session