(1) Hold an evidentiary hearing;
(2) Order a person to produce or give evidence pursuant to procedures of that state;
(3) Order that an evaluation be made with respect to the custody of a child involved in a pending proceeding;
(4) Forward to the court of this state a certified copy of the transcript of the record of the hearing, the evidence otherwise presented and any evaluation prepared in compliance with the request; and
(5) Order a party to a child custody proceeding or any person having physical custody of the child to appear in the proceeding with or without the child.
(b) Upon request of a court of another state, a court of this state may hold a hearing or enter an order described in subsection (a) of this section.
(c) Travel and other necessary and reasonable expenses incurred under subsections (a) and (b) of this section may be assessed against the parties according to the law of this state.
(d) A court of this state shall preserve the pleadings, orders, decrees, records of hearings, evaluations and other pertinent records with respect to a child custody proceeding until the child attains eighteen years of age. Upon appropriate request by a court or law-enforcement official of another state, the court shall forward a certified copy of those records.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.