In this part:
(1) "Application" means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) "Central authority" means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in section 102(5)(D) [§48-16-102(5)(D]] to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(3) "Convention support order" means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in section 102(5)(D) [§48- 16-102(5)(D)].
(4) "Direct request" means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor or child residing outside the United States.
(5) "Foreign central authority" means the entity designated by a foreign country described in section 102(5)(D) [§48-16- 102(5)(D)], to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(6) "Foreign support agreement:"
(A) Means an agreement for support in a record that:
(i) Is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
(ii) Has been:
(I) Formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
(II) Authenticated by, or concluded, registered or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(iii) May be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(B) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention.
(7) "United States central authority" means the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.