WVC 48 - 16 - 605
§48-16-605. Notice of registration of order.
(a) When a support order or income withholding order issued in
another state or a foreign support order is registered, the clerk
of the court shall notify the nonregistering party. The notice
must be accompanied by a copy of the registered order and the
documents and relevant information accompanying the order.
(b) A notice must inform the nonregistering party:
(1) That a registered order is enforceable as of the date of
registration in the same manner as an order issued by a tribunal of
(2) That a hearing to contest the validity or enforcement of
the registered order must be requested within twenty days after
notice unless the registered order is under section 707 [§48-16-
(3) That failure to contest the validity or enforcement of the
registered order in a timely manner will result in confirmation of
the order and enforcement of the order and the alleged arrearages;
(4) Of the amount of any alleged arrearages.
(c) If the registering party asserts that two or more orders
are in effect, a notice must also:
(1) Identify the two or more orders and the order alleged by
the registering party to be the controlling order and the
consolidated arrears, if any;
(2) Notify the nonregistering party of the right to a determination of which is the controlling order;
(3) State that the procedures provided in subsection (b) of
this section apply to the determination of which is the controlling
(4) State that failure to contest the validity or enforcement
of the order alleged to be the controlling order in a timely manner
may result in confirmation that the order is the controlling order.
(d) Upon registration of an income withholding order for
enforcement, the support enforcement agency or the registering
tribunal shall notify the obligor's source of income pursuant to
section 14-401 et seq. [§48-14-401 et seq.], of this chapter.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.