No dealer may:
(1) Require any initial payment in any transaction except the payment for the first rental period, taxes, insurance or delivery fees and other disclosed fees or fees authorized by this chapter;
(2) Charge any fee at the time ownership of the consumer goods passes to the consumer, other than an applicable fee, if any, which actually is or will be paid to public officials for perfecting title or ownership in the consumer;
(3) Raise the amount of any payment or charge after the execution of the written agreement without both parties voluntarily entering into a second written agreement;
(4) Take any action to collect a payment which is prohibited by this chapter;
(5) Accept any cosigner other than a person who is in the household of the consumer and who is expected to use the consumer goods;
(6) Take any security interest in any property owned by the consumer;
(7) Require a damage waiver, insurance or form of insurance, insuring the consumer goods against loss or damage, unless the dealer requires such insurance for all goods of comparable type and value in every rent-to-own agreement;
(8) Require damage waiver from a particular insurer;
(9) Seek to collect any charge not authorized by this chapter and disclosed in a written agreement; or
(10) Have an initial period which is more than one week longer than any other rental period.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.