(a) Rights and duties of secondary obligor. A secondary obligor acquires the rights and becomes obligated to perform the duties of the secured party after the secondary obligor:
(1) Receives an assignment of a secured obligation from the secured party;
(2) Receives a transfer of collateral from the secured party and agrees to accept the rights and assume the duties of the secured party; or
(3) Is subrogated to the rights of a secured party with respect to collateral.
(b) Effect of assignment, transfer or subrogation. An assignment, transfer or subrogation described in subsection (a) of this section:
(1) Is not a disposition of collateral under section 9-610; and
(2) Relieves the secured party of further duties under this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.