(1) May reduce a claim to judgment, foreclose or otherwise enforce the claim, security interest or agricultural lien by any available judicial procedure; and
(2) If the collateral is documents, may proceed either as to the documents or as to the goods they cover.
(b) Rights and duties of secured party in possession or control. A secured party in possession of collateral or control of collateral under section 7-106, 9-104, 9-105, 9-106 or 9-107 has the rights and duties provided in section 9-207.
(c) Rights cumulative; simultaneous exercise. The rights under subsections (a) and (b) of this section are cumulative and may be exercised simultaneously.
(d) Rights of debtor and obligor. Except as otherwise provided in subsection (g) of this section and section 9-605, after default, a debtor and an obligor have the rights provided in this part and by agreement of the parties.
(e) Lien of levy after judgment. If a secured party has reduced its claim to judgment, the lien of any levy that may be made upon the collateral by virtue of an execution based upon the judgment relates back to the earliest of:
(1) The date of perfection of the security interest or agricultural lien in the collateral;
(2) The date of filing a financing statement covering the collateral; or
(3) Any date specified in a statute under which the agricultural lien was created.
(f) Execution sale. A sale pursuant to an execution is a foreclosure of the security interest or agricultural lien by judicial procedure within the meaning of this section. A secured party may purchase at the sale and thereafter hold the collateral free of any other requirements of this article.
(g) Consignor or buyer of certain rights to payment. Except as otherwise provided in section 9-607(c), this part imposes no duties upon a secured party that is a consignor or is a buyer of accounts, chattel paper, payment intangibles or promissory notes.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.