(1) Under the terms of the security the person seeking registration of transfer is eligible to have the security registered in its name;
(2) The indorsement or instruction is made by the appropriate person or by an agent who has actual authority to act on behalf of the appropriate person;
(3) Reasonable assurance is given that the indorsement or instruction is genuine and authorized (section 8-402);
(4) Any applicable law relating to the collection of taxes has been complied with;
(5) The transfer does not violate any restriction on transfer imposed by the issuer in accordance with section 8-204;
(6) A demand that the issuer not register transfer has not become effective under section 8-403, or the issuer has complied with section 8-403(b) but no legal process or indemnity bond is obtained as provided in section 8-403(d); and
(7) The transfer is in fact rightful or is to a protected purchaser.
(b) If an issuer is under a duty to register a transfer of a security, the issuer is liable to a person presenting a certificated security or an instruction for registration or to the person's principal for loss resulting from unreasonable delay in registration or failure or refusal to register the transfer.