(b) A state banking institution may not establish a branch bank under this section until the commissioner provides written approval of the notice for that branch bank. The commissioner's approval or rejection of the notice must be accompanied by findings of fact on whether the applicant bank:
(1) Satisfies such reasonable and appropriate requirements as to sound financial condition. For purposes of this subdivision, "sound financial condition" means that a state banking institution meets the required minimum level to be well capitalized for each capital measure as determined by its primary federal regulator and is not subject to supervisory action by either a state or federal financial regulatory agency;
(2) Meets a satisfactory standard of compliance with federal and state community reinvestment act requirements as evidenced by its most recent state or federal examination;
(3) Meets a satisfactory standard of compliance with federal and state consumer compliance law and regulations as evidenced by its most recent state or federal regulatory examination;
(4) Meets the acceptable standards for investment in premises and fixed assets as permitted by section thirteen, article four of this chapter; and
(5) Does not present a significant supervisory concern or raise a significant legal or policy issue by filing the application.
(c) Any party who is adversely affected by an action of the commissioner taken pursuant to the criteria established by subsection (b) of this section may appeal within ten business days of the commissioner's decision to the Board of Banking and Financial Institutions which must, after holding a hearing pursuant to the provisions of subdivision (12), subsection (b), section two, article three of this chapter, affirm, reverse or modify the order of the commissioner. Any party who is adversely affected by an order of the Board of Banking and Financial Institutions issued pursuant to the provisions of this subsection is entitled to judicial review in the same manner as provided by the provisions of subsection (k), section twelve of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.