(a) Any board referred to in this chapter may combine administrative staff functions with any other board or boards referred to in this chapter, pursuant to the provisions of subsection (b) of this section, to carry out the administrative duties of the boards as set forth in this article, the practice acts of each board set forth in this chapter and the legislative rules of each board: Provided, That each board retains responsibility for fulfilling its statutory duties.
(b) Before combining administrative staff functions pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the boards shall, in consultation with the office of the Attorney General, enter into a memorandum of understanding with the following provisions:
(1) The names of the boards combining administrative staff functions;
(2) The administrative staff functions being combined, including the staffs' titles and duties relative to each board;
(3) The prorata share of expenses that each board will be responsible for paying, including salaries, office rent, office supplies, telephone, fax and computer services, travel expenses and any other expenses anticipated by the boards;
(4) A description of how decisions will be made by the boards, including employment of staff, the staff's functions and duties, and any other necessary decisions;
(5) A description of how modifications may be made to the terms of the agreement; and
(6) Any other provisions necessary to set forth the agreement of the boards.
(c) The boards that combine administrative staff functions pursuant to this section, may promulgate rules in accordance with the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to make any necessary changes to facilitate the combining of administrative staff functions. The boards may also promulgate emergency rules pursuant to the provisions of section fifteen, article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to correct any conflicts with a board's current rules.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.