As used in this article:
(1) "ABYC" means the American Boat and Yacht Council;
(2) "Boat dock" means a man-made structure that protrudes into a body of water for the purpose of mooring a boat or for other water-related recreation, including boat liveries, and that is connected to an electrical power source in any manner: Provided, That "boat dock" does not include structures that are privately owned and used exclusively by the owner or the owner's guests for noncommercial purposes;
(3) "Boat dock or marina owner or operator" means any person who:
(A) Has an ownership interest in a boat dock or marina, other than a lienholder; or
(B) Operates a boat dock or marina;
(4) "Ground fault circuit interrupter" means a device that functions to de-energize a circuit, or a portion thereof, within an established period of time when current to ground exceeds a predetermined value that is less than required to operate the over current protective device of the supply circuit;
(5) "Marina" means a dock including a boat dock or basin providing moorings for motorboats and offering supply, repair or other services, including electrical power supply, for remuneration: Provided, That "marina" does not include docks that are privately owned and used exclusively by the owner or the owner's guests for noncommercial purposes;
(6) "Motorboat" means any vessel propelled by an electrical, steam, gas, diesel or other propelled or driven motor, whether or not the motor is the principal source of propulsion, but does not include a vessel with a valid marine document issued by the United States Bureau of Customs or any federal agency that is the successor to the Bureau of Customs;
(7) "Person" means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation, association or other entity; and
(8) "Vessel" means every description of watercraft, other than
a seaplane on the water, used or capable of being used as a means
of transportation on the water.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.