(1) Make reasonable and prudent efforts to determine the ability of a participant to safely engage in the adventure or recreational activity;
(2) Make known to any participant any dangerous traits or characteristics or any physical impairments or conditions related to a particular adventure or recreational activity, of which the nonprofit youth organization or provider knows or through the exercise of due diligence could know;
(3) Make known to any participant any dangerous condition as to land or facilities under the lawful possession and control of the nonprofit youth organization or provider, of which the nonprofit youth organization or provider knows or through the exercise of due diligence could know, by advising the participant in writing or by conspicuously posting warning signs upon the premises;
(4) Assure that each participant has or is provided all equipment reasonably necessary for all activities covered by this article and, in providing equipment to a participant, make reasonable and prudent efforts to inspect such equipment to assure that it is in proper working condition and safe for use in the adventure or recreational activity;
(5) Prepare and present to each participant or prospective participant, for his or her inspection and signature, a statement which clearly and concisely explains the liability limitations, restrictions and responsibilities set forth in this article: Provided, That said statement shall not contain nor have the effect of a waiver of a nonprofit youth organization or provider's duties set forth in this section;
(6) Make reasonable efforts to provide supervision of participants while engaged in activities under this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.