(1) All of the necessary elements of the school access safety plan required in accordance with the provisions of section three of this article;
(2) The manner, time line and process for submission to the authority of each safety plan and annual plan update, including guidelines for modification of an approved safety plan;
(3) Any project and maintenance specifications considered appropriate by the authority;
(4) Procedures for a county board to submit a preliminary plan, plan outline or plan proposal to the authority prior to submitting the safety plan. The preliminary plan, plan outline or plan proposal shall be the basis for a consultation meeting between representatives of the county board and the authority. The meeting shall be held as soon as practicable following submission in order to:
(A) Ensure understanding of the goals of this article;
(B) Discuss ways the plan may be structured to meet the goals of this article; and
(C) Ensure efficiency and productivity in the approval process; and
(5) Procedures for notifying county boards of the funds available for allocation and disbursement during each fiscal year pursuant to section six of this article.
(b) By the first day of June, two thousand seven, the authority shall establish and distribute to each county board guidelines and procedures for evaluating safety plans and safety projects that address at least the following:
(1) Whether the proposed safety project furthers the safety plan and complies with the guidelines established by the authority;
(2) How the safety plan and safety project will ensure the prudent and resourceful expenditure of state funds and achieve the purposes of this article;
(3) Whether the safety plan and safety project advance student health and safety needs, including, but not limited to, critical health and safety needs;
(4) Whether the safety plan and safety project include regularly scheduled preventive maintenance; and
(5) Consideration of the prioritized list of projects required by section three of this article.
(c) The authority shall establish guidelines and procedures for allocating and disbursing funds in accordance with section six of this article, subject to the availability of funds.
(d) Each county board receiving funds pursuant to this article annually shall conduct an on-site inspection and submit an audit review to the state board. The inspection shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Department of Education's Handbook on Planning School Facilities.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.