(1) The county superintendent, who shall serve as the chair of the county-wide council on productive and safe schools;
(2) One representative from each local school improvement council, to be elected by a majority vote of each local school improvement council;
(3) The prosecuting attorney or his or her designee;
(4) A representative of the department of health and human resources created pursuant to the provisions of section two, article one, chapter five-f of this code, to be appointed in a manner determined by the secretary of the department;
(5) A representative of the law-enforcement agencies situated in the county in which the school is situated to be recommended by the county sheriff;
(6) A representative of the county board of education for the county in which the school is situated to be appointed by the president of the county board of education;
(7) The county board of education's supervisor of transportation; and
(8) A representative of the regional comprehensive behavioral health center as designated by the office of behavioral health services in which the county school system is situated, to be appointed by the executive director of the center.
(9) When the members listed in subdivisions (1) through (8) do not include at least two classroom teachers, then the county superintendent shall appoint additional members so that at least two classroom teachers are members of the county-wide council.
(10) When the members listed in subdivisions (1) through (8) do not include at least two school principals, then the county superintendent shall appoint additional members so that at least two school principals are members of the county-wide council.
(b) The county superintendent shall call an organizational meeting of the council as soon as practicable after the effective date of this section.
(c) On or before the first day of October, one thousand nine hundred ninety-five, the council shall compile the local school improvement council's guidelines developed pursuant to subsection (f), section two, article five-a of this chapter and shall report and deliver such guidelines to the county board of education, along with the council's assessment and recommendations regarding the guidelines. The council also shall provide a report of the estimated cost for any proposed alternative settings or programs.
(d) No meetings of the county-wide council shall be held during instructional time.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.