(1) The effect on student learning of limits on the number of pupils per teacher in a classroom in elementary classes and in a middle school format in which students have different teachers for different subject matter instruction;
(2) The effect on the equity among teachers in a middle school in which the number of pupils per teacher in a classroom is limited for some teachers and not for others, including the additional pay for certain teachers in whose classrooms the limits are exceeded; and
(3) The effect limits on the number of pupils per teacher in a classroom have on the ability of school systems to offer elective courses in secondary schools.
(b) The legislative oversight commission on education accountability shall issue a report of its findings and recommendations, together with any legislation necessary to effectuate its recommendations, on or before the second day of January, two thousand three. In making its findings and recommendations the commission:
(1) Shall include, at a minimum, a recommendation on whether the limits on the number of pupils per teacher in a classroom in a middle school format should be removed or capped on a county-wide or individual school basis; and
(2) May not include as a recommendation consideration of imposing limits on the number of pupils per teacher at grade levels above the sixth grade.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.