(b) Subject to availability, the state plan may designate funds for purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) To provide independent living services to eligible individuals with significant disabilities;
(2) To demonstrate ways to expand and improve independent living services;
(3) To support the operation of centers for independent living;
(4) To support activities to increase the capacities of centers for independent living to develop comprehensive approaches or systems for providing independent living services;
(5) To conduct studies and analyses, gather information, develop model policies and procedures and present information, approaches, strategies, findings, conclusions and recommendations to policymakers in order to enhance independent living services for individuals with disabilities;
(6) To train individuals with disabilities and individuals who provide services to them and other persons regarding the independent living philosophy; and
(7) To provide outreach to populations that are unserved or underserved by programs under this act, including minority groups and urban and rural populations.
As provided in the state plan, funds appropriated for the purposes of this article shall be utilized directly by the division for the provision of independent living services or through grants or contracts, with the approval of the council, to agencies that meet the definition of and comply with the standards and indicators for centers for independent living set forth in the federal act.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.