(1) Regulating the standing or parking of vehicles;
(2) Regulating traffic by means of police officers or traffic-control devices;
(3) Regulating or prohibiting processions or assemblages on the highways;
(4) Designating particular highways as one-way highways and requiring that all vehicles thereon be moved in one specific direction;
(5) Regulating the speed of vehicles in public parks;
(6) Designating any highway as a through highway and requiring that all vehicles stop before entering or crossing the same or designating any intersection as a stop intersection and requiring all vehicles to stop at one or more entrances at such intersection;
(7) Restricting the use of highways as authorized in section twelve, article seventeen of this chapter;
(8) Regulating the operation of bicycles and requiring the registration and licensing of same, including the requirement of a registration fee;
(9) Regulating or prohibiting the turning of vehicles or specified types of vehicles at intersections;
(10) Altering the speed limits as authorized herein;
(11) Adopting such other traffic regulations as are specifically authorized by this chapter.
(b) No local authority shall permit any parking on any state highway, or erect or maintain any stop sign or traffic- control device at any location so as to require the traffic on any state highway to stop before entering or crossing any intersecting highway unless approval in writing has first been obtained from the state road commissioner. Any such approval may be withdrawn by a notice in writing from the state road commissioner.
(c) No ordinance or regulation enacted under subdivisions (4), (5), (6), (7), or (10), of subsection (a) of this section shall be effective until signs giving notice of such local traffic regulations are posted upon or at the entrance to the highway or part thereof affected as may be most appropriate.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.