(1) "Decision" means any determination, action, vote or final disposition of a motion, proposal, resolution, order or measure on which a vote of the governing body is required at any meeting at which a quorum is present;
(2) "Executive session" means any meeting or part of a meeting of a governing body of a hospital that is closed to the public;
(3) "Governing body" means the board of directors or other group of persons having the authority to make decisions for or recommendations on policy or administration to a hospital owned or operated by a nonprofit corporation, nonprofit association or local governmental unit, the membership of which governing body consists of two or more members;
(4) "Hospital" means any hospital owned or operated by a nonprofit corporation, nonprofit association or local governmental unit;
(5) "Meeting" means the convening of a governing body of a hospital for which a quorum is required in order to make a decision or to deliberate toward a decision on any matter: Provided, That a medical staff conference is not a meeting; and
(6) "Quorum" means, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, a simple majority of the constituent membership of a governing body.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.