(1) Administrative policies, including: (A) An affirmative statement of the right of access to nursing homes by members of recognized community organizations and community legal services programs whose purposes include rendering assistance without charge to residents, consistent with the right of residents to privacy; and (B) a statement of the rights and responsibilities of residents in nursing homes which prescribe, as a minimum, such a statement of residents' rights as included in the United States Department of Health and Human Services regulations, in force on the effective date of this article, governing participation of nursing homes in the Medicare and Medicaid programs pursuant to titles eighteen and nineteen of the Social Security Act;
(2) Minimum numbers of administrators, medical directors, nurses, aides and other personnel according to the occupancy of the facility;
(3) Qualifications of facility's administrators, medical directors, nurses, aides, and other personnel;
(4) Safety requirements;
(5) Sanitation requirements;
(6) Personal services to be provided;
(7) Dietary services to be provided;
(8) Medical records;
(9) Social and recreational activities to be made available;
(10) Pharmacy services;
(11) Nursing services;
(12) Medical services;
(13) Physical facility;
(14) Resident rights;
(15) Visitation privileges that:
(A) Permit immediate access to a resident, subject to the resident's right to deny or withdraw consent at any time, by immediate family or other relatives of the resident;
(B) Permit immediate access to a resident, subject to reasonable restrictions and the resident's right to deny or withdraw consent at any time, by others who are visiting with the consent of the resident; and
(C) Permit access to other specific persons or classes of persons consistent with state and federal law.
(16) Admission, transfer and discharge rights.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.