(b) The Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health is charged with convening the advisory council at least annually and providing administrative and technical assistance to the advisory council as needed. The members of the advisory council shall be appointed by the Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health.
(c) The advisory council shall be comprised of:
(1) At least one private provider of maternity services;
(2) At least one public provider of maternity services;
(3) One representative from each of the state's three medical schools;
(4) The Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health or his or her designee;
(5) The Director of the Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health or his or her designee;
(6) At least one representative of a tertiary care center;
(7) At least one representative of a facility with a level I or II obstetrical unit;
(8) At least one certified nurse midwife;
(9) At least one allopathic or osteopathic physician who is a private provider of maternity services at a facility with a level I or level II obstetrical unit.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.