(1) Implement the birth defects information system;
(2) Specify the types of congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns to be reported to the system under section two of this article;
(3) Establish reporting requirements for information concerning diagnosed congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns;
(4) Establish standards that are required to be met by persons or government entities that seek access to the system; and
(5) Establish a form for use by parents or legal guardians who seek to have information regarding their children removed from the system and a method of distributing the form to local boards of health and to physicians. The method of distribution must include making the form available on the internet.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.