(b) The council shall include, at a minimum, persons representing each of the following interests:
(1) Obstetrics and gynecology;
(6) Hospital administration;
(7) The department of education;
(8) Parents of children with congenital anomalies or abnormal conditions;
(9) The march of dimes West Virginia state chapter; and
(10) The public.
(c) (1) Not later than thirty days after the initial appointments are made under subsection (b) of this section, the commissioner shall convene the first meeting of the council. In consultation with and with the approval of the council, the commissioner shall appoint, at the first meeting of the council, the chairperson and vice chairperson of the council from among the members of the council. The chairperson may call additional meetings as the chairperson considers appropriate.
(2) The council may establish rules of procedure as necessary to facilitate the council's orderly conduct of business.
(3) Council members serve without compensation but, to the extent funds are available, shall be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
(d) The council shall recommend to the commissioner a list of congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns to be reported to the system.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session