(1) Makes a good faith report, or is about to report, verbally or in writing, to the health care entity or appropriate authority an instance of wrongdoing or waste.
(2) Advocated on behalf of a patient or patients with respect to the care, services or conditions of a health care entity;
(3) Initiated, cooperated or otherwise participated in any investigation or proceeding of any governmental entity relating to the care, services or conditions of a health care entity.
(b) A health care worker with respect to the conduct described is acting in good faith if the health care worker reasonably believes:
(1) That the information is true; and
(2) Constitutes waste or wrongdoing as defined in section three of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.