(b) The committee shall meet at least four times a year for the initial two years after the effective date of this article and on the call of the director thereafter. The director shall serve as the chair and shall appoint thirteen members, one representing each of the following groups:
(1) A representative of the health insurance industry;
(2) The executive director of the workers' compensation commission, or his or her designee;
(3) Five nurses who work primarily providing direct patient care in a hospital or nursing home, at least one of which is employed in a state-operated facility;
(4) A phlebotomist employed in a hospital or nursing home;
(5) Two administrators of different hospitals operating within the state;
(6) A director of nursing employed in a nursing home within the state;
(7) A licensed physician practicing in the state; and
(8) An administrator of a nursing home operating within the state.
(c) Members of the committee serve without compensation. Each member shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred for each day or portion thereof engaged in the discharge of official duties, in a manner consistent with guidelines of the travel management office of the department of administration.
(d) A majority of all members constitutes a quorum for the transaction of all business. Members serve for two-year terms and may not serve for more than two consecutive terms.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.