(1) Violates any provision of this article;
(2) Fails to comply with any lawful rule or order of the Health Care Authority;
(3) Is operating in an illegal, improper or unjust manner;
(4) Is found by the Insurance Commissioner to be in an unsound condition or in such condition as to render its further operation in West Virginia hazardous to its subscribers or to the people of West Virginia;
(5) Compels subscribers under its contract to accept less service than due them or to bring suit against it to secure full service when it has no substantial defense;
(6) Refuses to be examined or to produce its accounts, records and files for examination by the Insurance Commissioner when requested to do so pursuant to section five of this article;
(7) Fails to pay any final judgment rendered against it in West Virginia within thirty days after the judgment became final or time for appeal expired, whichever is later;
(8) Fails to pay when due to the State of West Virginia any taxes, fees, charges or penalties.
(b) In addition to or in lieu of refusing to renew, revoking or suspending the license of a participating provider in any case, the Health Care Authority may, by order, require the participating provider to pay to the State of West Virginia a penalty in a sum not exceeding five thousand dollars for each violation. Upon the failure of the provider to pay such penalty within thirty days after notice thereof, the Health Care Authority shall revoke or suspend the license of such participating provider.
(c) When any license has been revoked or suspended or renewal thereof refused, the Health Care Authority may reissue, terminate the suspension of or renew such license when it is determined that the conditions causing such revocation, suspension or refusal to renew have ceased to exist and are unlikely to recur.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.