(b) It is intended that the network be a public-private partnership for the benefit of all of the citizens of this state.
(c) The network is envisioned to support and facilitate the following types of electronic transactions or activities:
(1) Automatic drug-drug interaction and allergy alerts;
(2) Automatic preventive medicine alerts;
(3) Electronic access to the results of laboratory, X ray, or other diagnostic examinations;
(4) Disease management;
(5) Disease surveillance and reporting;
(6) Educational offerings for health care providers;
(7) Health alert system and other applications related to homeland security;
(8) Links to evidence-based medical practice;
(9) Links to patient educational materials;
(10) Medical record information transfer to other providers with the patient's consent;
(11) Physician order entry;
(12) Prescription drug tracking;
(13) Registries for vital statistics, cancer, case management, immunizations and other public health registries;
(14) Secured electronic consultations between providers and patients;
(15) A single-source insurance credentialing system for health care providers;
(16) Electronic health care claims submission and processing; and
(17) Any other electronic transactions or activities as determined by legislative rules promulgated pursuant to this article.
(d) The network shall ensure the privacy of patient health care information.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.