(1) A balance sheet detailing the assets, liabilities and net worth of the hospital for its preceding fiscal year;
(2) A statement of income and expenses for the preceding fiscal year;
(3) A statement of services rendered and services available; and
(4) Such other reports as the board may prescribe.
Where more than one licensed hospital is operated by the reporting organization, the information required by this section shall be reported for each hospital separately.
(b) It shall be the duty of every related organization to file with the board, within thirty days from the effective date of this section, the following financial statements or reports for each of its three prior fiscal years:
(1) A balance sheet detailing the assets, liabilities and net worth of the related organization;
(2) A statement of income and expenses;
(3) A statement of cash flows; and
(4) Such other information as the board may prescribe.
After the initial filing of the financial information required by this subsection, every related organization shall thereafter file annual financial reports with the board in a form specified by the board.
(c) The annual financial statements filed pursuant to this section shall be prepared in accordance with the system of accounting and reporting adopted under section seventeen of this article. The board may require attestations from responsible officials of the hospitals or related organizations that such reports have to the best of their knowledge been prepared truthfully and in accordance with the prescribed system of accounting and reporting.
(d) All reports filed under any provisions of this article, except personal medical information personally identifiable to a purchaser and any tax return, shall be open to public inspection and shall be available for examination at the offices of the board during regular business hours.
(e) Whenever a further investigation is deemed necessary or desirable to verify the accuracy of any information set forth in any statement, schedule or report filed by a health care provider or related organization under the provisions of this section, the board may require a full or partial audit of the records of the health care provider or related organization.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.