(b) A local health officer has the following additional powers and duties which may be delegated with the approval of the board:
(1) To attend local board meetings as a nonvoting member. A local health officer serves as secretary at all board meetings and is responsible for maintaining the board's offices, meeting minutes and records;
(2) To supervise and direct the activities of the local board's health services, employees and facilities;
(3) To ensure that procedures are established for the receipt of communicable or reportable disease reports from local physicians and other reporting sources and for the transmittal of the reports to the commissioner;
(4) To perform mandatory HIV tests on persons convicted of sex-related offenses and resident within the service area; and
(5) To determine when sufficient corrections have been made to warrant removal of any restrictions or limitations placed on an individual or entity for public health purposes by an employee of the local board of health.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.