(1) A person is believed to be cognitively impaired;
(2) The person is believed to be missing, regardless of circumstance;
(3) A person who has knowledge that the cognitively impaired person is missing has submitted a missing person's report to the State Police or other appropriate law-enforcement agency;
(4) The missing person may be in danger of death or serious bodily injury;
(5) The missing person is domiciled or believed to be located in the State of West Virginia;
(6) The missing person is, or is believed to be, at a location that cannot be determined by an individual familiar with the missing person, and the missing person is incapable of returning to the missing person's residence without assistance; and
(7) There is sufficient information available to indicate that a Silver Alert would assist in locating the missing person.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.