(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article to the contrary, no entitlement to the business investment and jobs expansion tax credit under this article shall result from, and no credit shall be available to any taxpayer for, investment placed in service or use after the tenth day of April, one thousand nine hundred ninety-three.
(b) The suspension of new entitlements to credits set forth in subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to companies, entities or taxpayers engaged in the following industries or business activities:
(1) Manufacturing, including, but not limited to, chemical processing and chemical manufacturing, manufacture of wood products and forestry products, manufacture of aluminum, manufacture of paper, paper processing, recyclable paper processing, food processing, manufacture of aircraft or aircraft parts, manufacture of automobiles or automobile parts, and all other manufacturing activities, but not timbering or timber severance or timber hauling, or mineral severance, hauling, processing or preparation, or coal severance, hauling, processing or preparation;
(2) Information processing, including, but not limited to, telemarketing, information processing, systems engineering, backoffice operations and software development;
(3) The activity of warehousing, including, but not limitedto, commercial warehousing and the operation of regional distribution centers by manufacturers, wholesalers or retailers;
(4) The activity of goods distribution;
(5) Destination-oriented recreation and tourism.
(c) Notwithstanding the fact that a company, entity or taxpayer is engaged in an industry or business activity enumerated in subsection (b) of this section, such company, entity or taxpayer must qualify for the business investment and jobs expansion tax credit by fulfilling the qualified investment, jobs creation and other credit entitlement requirements of the business investment and jobs expansion tax credit act in order to obtain entitlement to any credit under this article. Failure to fulfill the statutory requirements of the business investment and jobs expansion tax credit act will result in a partial or complete loss of the tax credit.
(d) Transition rule. -- Notwithstanding any provision herein contained to the contrary, this section shall not apply to investments for which applications for credit or applications for projected certification were filed prior to the tenth day of April, one thousand nine hundred ninety-three.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.