(1) The permit or license holder is 21 years or older;
(2) The permit or license is in his or her immediate possession;
(3) The permit or license holder is not a resident of the State of West Virginia; and,
(4) The State of West Virginia has executed a valid and effective reciprocity agreement with the issuing state pertaining to the carrying and verification of concealed handgun licenses and permits issued in the respective states.
(b) A holder of a valid permit or license from another state who is authorized to carry a concealed handgun in this state pursuant to provisions of this section is subject to the same laws and restrictions with respect to carrying a concealed handgun as a resident of West Virginia who is so permitted, and must carry the concealed handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.
(c) A license or permit from another state is not valid in this state if the holder is or becomes prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.
(d) The West Virginia Attorney General shall seek to enter into and may execute reciprocity agreements on behalf of the State of West Virginia with states which meet the following standards and requirements:
(1) The standards applied by the other state before issuing a concealed handgun license or permit must be similar to or greater than the standards imposed by this article;
(2) This state's law-enforcement officers have continuous access to data bases on the criminal information network, twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, to verify the continued validity of any license or permit to carry a concealed handgun that has been granted by the issuing state;
(3) The other state agrees to grant the right to carry a concealed handgun to residents of West Virginia who have valid concealed handgun permits issued pursuant to this article in their possession while carrying concealed weapons in that state; and
(4) The states agree to apprise one another of changes in permitting standards and requirements, to provide for a prompt reexamination of whether any adopted change in licensing or permitting standards negates the states' ability to continue with the reciprocity agreement.
(e) The West Virginia State Police shall maintain a registry of states with which the State of West Virginia has entered into reciprocity agreements on the criminal information network and make the registry available to law-enforcement officers for investigative purposes.
(f) Every twelve months after the effective date of this section, the West Virginia Attorney General shall make written inquiry of the concealed handgun permitting authorities in each other state as to: (i) Whether a West Virginia resident may carry a concealed handgun in their state based upon having a valid West Virginia concealed handgun permit; and (ii) whether a West Virginia resident may carry a concealed handgun in that state based upon having a valid West Virginia concealed handgun permit, pursuant to the laws of that state or by the execution of a valid reciprocity agreement between the states.
(g) The West Virginia State Police shall make available to the public a list of states which have entered into reciprocity agreements with the State of West Virginia.