(1) Making or maintaining any unauthorized connection, whether physically, electrically or inductively, to a distribution or transmission line;
(2) Attaching or maintaining the attachment of any unauthorized device to any cable, wire or other component of a cable system or to a television receiving set connected to a cable system;
(3) Making or maintaining any unauthorized modification or alteration to any device installed by a cable system operator; or
(4) Knowingly permits another person to enter upon his or her property for the purpose of securing cable service in an unauthorized manner as described in subdivision (1), (2) or (3) of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) A person who subscribes to and receives cable television services through an authorized connection of a television receiving set at his dwelling and, within his dwelling, makes an authorized or an unauthorized connection of an additional television receiving set or sets or audio system which receives cable television service through such authorized connection, shall not be guilty of a misdemeanor under subsection (a) of this section.
(c) Any person convicted of a misdemeanor under subsection (a) of this section shall be subject to the following penalties:
(1) Upon a first conviction under this section, the defendant shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars, nor more than two hundred fifty dollars.
(2) Upon a second conviction under this section, the defendant shall be fined not less than two hundred fifty dollars, nor more than five hundred dollars, or imprisoned in the county jail not more than thirty days, or both fined and imprisoned.
(3) Upon any subsequent conviction in excess of a second conviction under this section, the defendant shall be fined not less than five hundred dollars, nor more than one thousand dollars, or imprisoned in the county jail not less than thirty days nor more than sixty days, or both fined and imprisoned.
Notwithstanding the provisions of section four, article eleven-a of this chapter or section two-a, article three, chapter fifty of this code, the magistrate or court may order restitution not to exceed the value of unauthorized cable services received.