(1) The name of the applicant, including his or her trade name if any, his or her address and the length of his or her residence within this state;
(2) The address of the place of business for which the license is desired, or other description that definitely locates it; and that the place of business conforms to all health and fire laws and regulations applicable thereto;
(3) The name of the owner of the premises upon which the business is to be conducted and, if the owner is not the applicant, that such applicant is the bona fide lessee of the business;
(4) If the application is for a retailer's license, that the applicant is the proprietor or owner of a bona fide grocery store, private wine bed and breakfast, private wine restaurant, private wine spa or wine specialty shop;
(5) That the applicant intends to carry on the business authorized by the license for himself or herself or under his or her immediate supervision or direction;
(6) That the applicant is a citizen of the United States;
(7) That the applicant is an actual bona fide resident of the State of West Virginia, except for those applicants applying for a supplier's license or a direct shipper's license;
(8) That the applicant is not less than eighteen years of age;
(9) That the applicant has not been convicted of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude within the three years next preceding the filing of the application; and that he or she has not, within the two years next preceding the filing of the application, been convicted of violating the liquor laws of any state or of the United States;
(10) That the applicant has not during the five years next preceding the date of said application had any license revoked under this chapter or under the liquor laws of any other state;
(11) If the applicant is a firm, association or partnership, the application shall state the matters required in subdivisions (6), (7), (8), (9) and (10), with respect to each of the members thereof, and each of said members must meet all the requirements in said subdivisions;
(12) If the applicant is a corporation, organized or authorized to do business in this state, the application shall state the matters required in subdivisions (6), (7), (8), (9) and (10), with respect to each of the officers and directors thereof, and any stockholder owning twenty percent or more of the stock of such corporation and the persons who conduct and manage the licensed premises for the corporation. Each of said individuals must meet all the requirements provided in those subdivisions except that the requirements as to citizenship and residence shall not apply to the officers, directors and stockholders of a corporation applying for a retailer's license; and
(13) Any other information that the commissioner may reasonably require.
The foregoing statements required in an application shall constitute mandatory prerequisites for the issuance of a license.
The application must be verified by the owner, or each member of the firm, each partner, if a partnership, each member of the governing board, if an association, or each officer and director, if a corporation: Provided, That the application of a corporation applying for a retailer's license need be verified only by its president or vice president.