§58-4-9. Allowance of appeal or writ of error or supersedeas; stay of proceedings.
The court or judge to whom a petition is duly presented, if of opinion that the decision complained of ought to be reviewed, may allow an appeal, writ of error or supersedeas, and may stay proceedings either in whole or in part.