§55-10-6. When award may be modified or corrected.
Any party to such submission may also move to modify or correct such award in the following cases: (a) Where there is an evident miscalculation of figures, or an evident mistake in the description of any person, thing or property referred to in such award; (b) where the arbitrators shall have awarded upon some matter not submitted to them, nor affecting the merits of the decision of the matter submitted; (c) where the award shall be imperfect in some matter of form not affecting the merits of the controversy, and when, if it had been a verdict, such defect could have been amended or disregarded by the court.