(1) "The court" means the circuit and magistrate courts of this state, and includes, when the context requires, any judge of the court;
(2) "Clerk" means clerk of the circuit court and includes any deputy circuit clerk;
(3) "Master list" means the master list of residents of the county from which prospective jurors are to be chosen, and which is compiled in accordance with the provisions of section five of this article;
(4) "Persons who are registered to vote" means persons whose names appear on the official records of the clerk of the county commission as persons registered to vote in the most recent general election;
(5) "Drivers' license lists" means the official records of persons licensed by the state to operate motor vehicles and who reside within the county and have applied for a driver's license or renewal of a driver's license within the preceding two years. The department of motor vehicles shall furnish such a list upon request of the clerk of the circuit court;
(6) "Jury wheel" means any electronic system in which are placed names or identifying numbers of prospective jurors taken from the master list and from which names are drawn at random for jury panels;
(7) "Jury box" means any physical, nonelectronic device in which are placed names or identifying numbers of prospective jurors taken from the master list and from which names are drawn at random for jury panels.