(1) That he or she has been a bona fide resident of the county for at least one year prior to the filing of the petition or that he or she is a nonresident of the county who was born in the county, was married in the county and was previously a resident of the county for a period of at least fifteen years;
(2) The cause for which the change of name is sought;
(3) The new name desired;
(4) The name change is not for purposes of avoiding debt or creditors;
(5) The petitioner seeking the name change is not a registered sex offender pursuant to any state or federal law;
(6) The name change sought is not for purposes of avoiding any state or federal law regarding identity;
(7) The name change sought is not for any improper or illegal purpose;
(8) The petitioner is not a convicted felon in any jurisdiction; and
(9) The name change sought is not for any purpose of evading detection, identification or arrest by any local, state or federal law-enforcement agency.
(b) Prior to filing the petition, the person shall cause a notice of the time and place that the application will be made to be published as a Class I legal advertisement in compliance with the provisions of article three, chapter fifty-nine of this code. The publication area for the publication is the county: Provided, That the publication shall contain a provision that the hearing may be rescheduled without further notice or publication.