§48-17-109. General duties of support enforcement commission.
(a) Federal law requires that each state periodically review
the formula used to set child support obligations to determine
appropriate awards for the support of children. States are
required to consider current research and data on the costs of and
expenditures necessary for rearing children. A process for review
of the guidelines should be established to ensure the integrity of
the formula and reviews undertaken to comply with federal law.
(b) The commission shall review and analyze:
(1) The current child support guidelines;
(2) Relevant research and data regarding the cost of child
(3) Research and data on the application of, and deviations
from, the child support guidelines;
(4) Current law, administrative rules and practices regarding
child support; and
(5) Any other data the commission deems relevant to the review
of the current child support guidelines.