PART VII. SUPPORT PROCEEDING UNDER CONVENTION.
In this part:
(1) "Application" means a request under the convention by an
obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central
authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) "Central authority" means the entity designated by the
United States or a foreign country described in section 102(5)(D)
[§48-16-102(5)(D]] to perform the functions specified in the
(3) "Convention support order" means a support order of a
tribunal of a foreign country described in section 102(5)(D) [§48-
(4) "Direct request" means a petition filed by an individual
in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee,
obligor or child residing outside the United States.
(5) "Foreign central authority" means the entity designated by
a foreign country described in section 102(5)(D) [§48-16-
102(5)(D)], to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(6) "Foreign support agreement:"
(A) Means an agreement for support in a record that:
(i) Is enforceable as a support order in the country of
(ii) Has been:
(I) Formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
(II) Authenticated by, or concluded, registered or filed with
a foreign tribunal; and
(iii) May be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(B) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument
under the convention.
(7) "United States central authority" means the Secretary of
the United States Department of Health and Human Services.