(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), a judgment for money against the association (if recorded) is not a lien on the common elements, but is a lien in favor of the judgment lien holder against all of the units in the common interest community at the time the judgment was entered. No other property of a unit owner is subject to the claims of creditors of the association.
(2) If the association has granted a security interest in the common elements to a creditor of the association pursuant to section 3-112, the holder of that security interest shall exercise its right against the common elements before its judgment lien on any unit may be enforced.
(3) Whether perfected before or after the creation of the common interest community, if a lien, other than a deed of trust or mortgage, including a judgment lien or lien attributable to work performed or materials supplied before creation of the common interest community, becomes effective against two or more units, the unit owner of an affected unit may pay to the lien holder the amount of the lien attributable to his unit and the lien holder, upon receipt of payment, promptly shall deliver a release of the lien covering that unit. The amount of the payment must be proportionate to the ratio which that unit owner's common expense liability bears to the common expense liabilities of all unit owners whose units are subject to the lien. After payment, the association may not assess or have a lien against that unit owner's unit for any portion of the common expenses incurred in connection with that lien.
(4) A judgment against the association must be indexed in the name of the common interest community and the association and, when so indexed, is notice of the lien against the units.
(b) In a cooperative:
(1) If the association receives notice of an impending foreclosure on all or any portion of the association's real estate, the association shall promptly transmit a copy of that notice to each unit owner of a unit located within the real estate to be foreclosed. Failure of the association to transmit the notice does not affect the validity of the foreclosure.
(2) Whether or not a unit owner's unit is subject to the claims of the association's creditors, no other property of a unit owner is subject to those claims.