§36-7-7. Transfer by obligor.
(a) Subject to subsections (b) and (c) of this section, a person not subject to section five or six of this article who holds property of or owes a liquidated debt to a minor not having a conservator may make an irrevocable transfer to a custodian for the benefit of the minor pursuant to section nine of this article.

(b) If a person having the right to do so under section three of this article has nominated a custodian under that section to receive the custodial property, the transfer must be made to that person.

(c) If no custodian has been nominated under section three of this article, or all persons so nominated as custodian die before the transfer or are unable, decline or are ineligible to serve, a transfer under this section may be made to an adult member of the minor's family or to a trust company unless the property exceeds ten thousand dollars in value.