(1) Basic hospital expense coverage;
(2) Basic medical-surgical expense coverage;
(3) Hospital confinement indemnity coverage;
(4) Major medical expense coverage;
(5) Disability income protection coverage;
(6) Accident only coverage; and
(7) Specified disease or specified accident coverage.
(b) Nothing in this section shall preclude the issuance of any policy or subscriber contract which combines two or more of the categories of coverage enumerated in subdivisions (1) through (6) of subsection (a) of this section.
(c) No policy or subscriber contract shall be delivered or issued for delivery in this state which does not meet the prescribed minimum standards for the categories of coverage listed in subdivisions (1) through (7) of subsection (a) of this section unless the commissioner finds that such policy or subscriber contract will be in the public interest and that such policy or subscriber contract contains benefits which are reasonable in relation to the premium charged.
(d) The commissioner shall prescribe the method of identification of policies and subscriber contracts based upon coverages provided.