(b) This article does not apply:
(1) To reinsurance, other than joint reinsurance to the extent stated in section eleven of this article;
(2) To life or accident and sickness insurance;
(3) To insurance of vessels or craft, their cargoes, marine builders' risks, marine protection and indemnity or other risks commonly insured under marine, as distinguished from inland marine, insurance policies;
(4) To insurance against loss of or damage to aircraft, including their accessories and equipment, or against liability, other than workers' compensation and employer's liability, arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of aircraft;
(5) To malpractice insurance insofar as the provisions of this article directly conflict and thereby are supplanted by article twenty-b of this chapter.
(c) If any kind of insurance, subdivision or combination thereof, or type of coverage, is subject to both the provisions of this article expressly applicable to casualty and surety insurance and to those expressly applicable to fire and marine insurance, the commissioner may apply to filings made for such kind of insurance the provisions of this article which are in his or her judgment most suitable.