A contractor which has been approved to operate a facility pursuant to this article shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the state, its officers, agents, and employees, and any local government entity in the state having jurisdiction over the facility or ownership of the facility from:
(1) Any claims or losses for services rendered by the contractor or person performing or supplying services in connection with the performance of the contract;
(2) Any claims or losses to any person injured or damaged by the willful or negligent acts of the contractor, its officers or employees in the operation of a private prison or in the performance of the contract;
(3) Any claims or losses resulting to any person injured or damaged by the private contractor, its officers or employees by the publication, translation, reproduction, delivery, performance, use or disposition of any data processed under the contract in a manner not authorized by the contract, or by federal or state regulations or statutes;
(4) Any failure of the contractor, its officers or employees to adhere to West Virginia laws, including, but not limited to, labor laws and minimum wage laws;
(5) Any constitutional, federal, state or civil rights claim brought against the state related to the prison facility;
(6) Any claims, losses, demands or causes of action arising out of the contractor's activities in this state; and
(7) Any attorney's fees or court costs arising from any habeas corpus actions or other inmate suits which may arise, including, but not limited to, attorney's fees for the state's representation as well as for any court appointed representation of any inmate as well as the costs of any special judge who may be appointed to hear such actions.